Monday, October 29, 2007

Dumbledore Is Gay and Jesus Was His Gay Lover




Last week J.K. Rowling outed Dumbledore from the imaginary closet. Apparently some readers were wondering about Dumbledore's sexuality, and Rowling decided to confirm the "rumors."

My first thought was "can fake people be gay?" My second thought was "how long before Jesus is outed from his closet as well?'

Jesus was never married, ran around with 12 men. If that's not tell-tale sign of gayness, I don't know what is.

I don't know why Mrs. Rowling felt the need to out a character that almost no sane person thought was gay. She made him gay after the Harry Potter series was over. What was her motivation? Perhaps she wants to teach kids that gays are not freaks, and they can be interesting, and lovable like Dumbledore, but you don't just turn a character gay just because you need a cause celebre.

I know that J.K. Rowling is the author of the series and she can turn any of the characters gay if she chooses, even Harry (which would have made more sense,) but I am choosing to believe that she doesn't know her characters. On her behalf I am I'm putting Dumbledore back in the imaginary closet.

As far as I know, Dumbledore was an old man who never married because he was too dedicated to his career as a wizard at H
ogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to find himself a wife.

No comments: